Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Faux Country Guitar Lick

Country music has some serious talent. There are top notch guitarists who live and breathe this music. I am not one of them. Today's guitar lick is what I call faux country or county guitar for metal heads that are not named Zakk Wylde or John 5 both of whom do this great music justice. This is more of an I'm at a party where people only listen to country music and I'm holding a guitar and can't get away with playing 'Iron Man' - again unless your name is Zakk Wylde. In that case who the hell is gonna mess with you anyway.

Long story short this is just a little countryesque ( my new word - all rights pending) guitar lick that I thought sounded pretty cool. Take it for what it is. If you dig country guitar I'd check out Albert Lee, Chet Atkins and Brad Paisley. And may as well throw in some Doc Watson and Tony Rice on the bluegrass side. Those guys can really pick ( or fingerpick as the case may be).

Anyway here's the guitar tab have fun - that's why its called "playing  music". Tomorrow less rant with the licks.