Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Vinyl Guitar Licks - Leo Kottke - Greenhouse


Our guitar lick today is inspired by the album 'Greenhouse' by Leo Kottke. I really don't know a lot about this guitarist. I know he plays some mean finger-style  acoustic guitar and incorporates a lot of different musical genres into his playing. I tried to come up with a funky yet folksy  riff. I'll let you decide how well I did that. I couldn't find the album on Spotify but I was inspired by the funky riff on 'Bean Time'.

I did not spend a lot of time getting the  standard notation in the tab exact so please listen to the video to get the rhythm down. Here is the guitar tab. I'm a very novice finger-style player and prefer a pick most of the time but this is my attempt.


Again please note I did not tab out the rhythm parts in standard notation generally I let the notes ring longer than the eighth note duration indicated especially in the second part.