Sunday, September 9, 2012

St. Anne's Reel for Guitar

This is a traditional piece arranged for acoustic guitar by Scott Nygaard from acoustic guitar magazine. The guitar here is based in drop D tuning. I've decided to build up a repertoire of some acoustic songs and this is the first song I picked. I've just memorized it yesterday. I find personally if you start at the end of the piece and work backwards it makes memorization easier. Currently acoustic guitar university is having a free month of lessons so you can check out lots of great songs arranged for acoustic guitarists both flatpickers and fingerstyle players. You can check out the site at www.acousticguitaru.com

You can download a tab for this guitar piece and see a video of Mr. Nygaard playing it at:
http://www.acousticguitar.com/article/default.aspx?articleid=27405

For the record I'm not affiliated or endorsed by Acoustic Guitar Magazine. Although I do enjoy the publication.