Sunday, June 2, 2013

Jazz Guitar Improvisation

The jazz guitar improvisation course I was taking through coursea.org has just wrapped up. It was a very informative 5 weeks. A big thanks to Gary Burton, Coursea and Berklee College of Music for putting it on. I've always been amazed by high caliber jazz musicians and it was a real treat to have someone with Mr. Burton's credentials and experience provide some insight on starting to improvise.

Although the course material covered 5 weeks it will take much longer, for me at least, to begin to really digest and incorporate the material into my guitar playing. The class discussions on the forum have been very helpful too and hearing a lot of great players on Soundcloud cover the material was great.

For anyone whose also taken the course or people with some tolerance for mistakes here are my last two assignments. Thanks for listening.