Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Caution Watch Out for Your Ears

I've been a bit down on playing lately. Preoccupied with lots of other things and just relatively uninspired. Today I sat down and just improvised over a backing track (from www.freejamtracks.com - used with permission) for the first time in a long time. The jam was pretty scalar in parts and downright atonal in others but it started to get my enthusiasm for playing back and thats why I wanted to share it mistakes and all. It's longer than most people will tolerate but maybe it'll inspire you to just pick up and jam along and not be too concerned about being perfect all the time. Normally my playing is a lot more bluesy but I this is just what I heard over this backing track so that's what I played. In my opinion you gotta try and let music flow through you and express what you feel - that was what I tried to do here.

Cheers.