Saturday, May 17, 2008

Another Country Blues Guitar Lick


Here's another country style blues guitar lick in E. If you have an acoustic guitar this lick works well for an old style acoustic country blues. Notice how the lick uses both the minor and major third in the Key of E the G and G# note. The flat seventh note D also figures prominently in the lick. The video demonstrates the lick at regular and slow speed and also has a picking hand view. This lick incorporates picking and legato. When I pick these type of licks I really just do what feels comfortable rather than consciously employ strict alternate picking or economy picking. Experiment with both to determine what works best for you.

I find learning in conjunction with the video and tab pretty straight forward so I do not narrate my videos and explain them step by step. If you have any questions about playing any of the licks on this site let me know and I'll try to assist you as best I can. Have a great weekend.